Ecology of Biotic Species: In general, biotic factors are the living components of an ecosystem and are sorted into three groups: producers or autotrophs, consumers or heterotrophs, and decomposers or detritivores. Quote
Life Zones: Identify your the Life Zone where you live in. Life Zones are international. Take a look in the Slide Show – Biodiversity
Materials: Hard covered drawing booklet. Pencils. Shoes for hiking, digital camera or recording tool, hat, sun screen, water bottle.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of biodiversity for species.
- Understand the interdependence between humans and all species.
- Peace in our Community – ie: what if all the trees were removed for buildings?
- Peace with Nature – ie: what would you do in a drought, if you had no water?
- Peace with the Global Family -ie: how do you accept strangers from other countries?
The following comments were from secondary student refugees in Toronto.
- Discuss students comments: Juliaposterfinal2
Create a Mindmap on the interaction of humans and species: http://www.mind42.com
Expedition: Go outside and take pictures of five samples of five species. Name them. Substance Accounting: Tracking Form – Forest and Biodiversity
Peace Tree Story: Native Peace Tree stories White Pine is Ontario’s Provincial Tree. All trees are now at risk. All trees are peace trees. List of ProvincialEmblemsofCanada If you live in another country find your countries sacred or state emblems. .
- Creature Corridors
- Carving: EarthPolesWorld2012
- Your school may be eligible to become an IHTEC LighthouseSchool
Science for Peace, Global Issues Project, Round Table in Forests: